Innovation, Lean, Agile? Learn how to inspire, motivate and instil innovation culture within your organisation. Drive the “innovation engine” and effectively transform ideas into successful concepts
The Masterclass will offer knowledge transfer of best practice disciplines, tools and frameworks to successfully drive Innovation in your organisation.
Led by Jorge Castellote, a globally renowned Innovation Specialist, this masterclass offers a holistic knowledge of innovation best practices. Note: This course will be delivered in English.
Jorge is co-founding partner of Innoway. Before that he spent more than seven years in Palladium, a boutique consulting firm specialized in Strategy Execution.
Jorge is a dynamic and independent business management consultant with more than 16 years of international experience. Proven track record of delivering world-class strategy and innovation related solutions in several assignments in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Currently focusing on providing guidance in strategy and innovation to empower companies in the Middle East and Africa region, including volunteer work with entrepreneurs in Africa.
Jorge holds a BEng in Mechanical Engineering at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh with honors degree, as well as an Advanced Program in Management at Instituto de Empresa (IE), Madrid.
Have practical examples on how to improve your business
The programme is developed to do two things: firstly, to give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to lead a successful innovation culture in your own business; and secondly to deepen your understanding of the innovation management system and how to effectively and successfully implement it.
All course delegates will be given case studies, exercises and stories that bring to life the skills needed to succeed as an innovation professional.
1. INTRODUCTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
2. THE WHY, WHAT AND HOW OF INNOVATION
• Why now? The need for innovation
• What is it? And what is not?
• Key concepts and terminology
3. FUNDAMENTALS OF AN INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM
• What is it? And why it is important?
• Types of innovation management frameworks
• Risk vs. uncertainty
4. THE CORPORATE STARTUP
• Introduce and analyse the core components of The Corporate Startup: Innovation Thesis, Innovation strategy, Ecosystem Design and Community & Culture
5. INNOVATION STRATEGY
• Introduction to Future Foresight: understanding and managing an exponential and uncertain future
• How to think like an investor when managing innovation
• How to manage and balance your innovation portfolio
1. INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
• From idea to concept: steps to improve your innovation results
• Governance model: key elements to innovate at speed
• How to deal with innovation blockers
2. INNOVATION PRACTICE
• How methodologies integrate: introduction to Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Agile
• Skills and Competences needed
• Fundamentals of experiment design
• Design your first experiment
3. INNOVATION ACCOUNTING
• Measurement principles
• Aligning your organizations’ expected outcomes with your investments (projects portfolio) and your practice (teams’ activity)
4. THE ART OF THE START – DESIGN YOUR MINIMUM VIABLE ECOSYSTEM (M.V.E.)
• Identify the barriers in the organization from a lean project perspective.
• Design your M.V.E. to start implementing an innovation ecosystem in the organization.
• Keeping up the momentum